Experience the thrill of a real live casino from the comfort of your own home or on the go with BetVictor Live Casino. We have compiled ‘how to play’ guides for the games, including game play tips and basic strategy!
Roulette | Blackjack | Baccarat
Welcome to the finest live dealer gaming experience in the world!
You can change ROULETTE table or select any other live game at any time by pressing the LIVE GAMES MENU button. You will not be removed from this table until you have actually selected the new table you wish to join, so the LIVE GAMES MENU button can be used to browse other games whilst still playing at this table.
The game screen consists of a black toolbar at the bottom of the screen and the gaming window (showing the live video) above.
In the gaming window there are a number of key elements.
The game of Roulette is played by spinning a small ball on a round wheel with thirty-seven numbered slots. When the wheel stops, the ball comes to rest in one of these slots. The object of Roulette is to correctly predict the slot in which the ball will land. By predicting the right number, you earn a payoff on your bet. The size of the payoff depends on the nature of the bet placed.
How to Play
- Select the amount you would like to wager on a given spin by clicking the left mouse button on a chip, and clicking on the appropriate betting fields of the gaming table.
- Your total bet will be displayed in the "Total Bet" window.
- You may repeat the bets placed in your last game by clicking on the repeat button. If you have selected to repeat your last round's bet, you will then have the chance to double that bet, provided you have sufficient funds available.
- If you place a wager that is lower than the minimum table bet limit, you will receive a pop up message when the betting period is over and your bet will be rejected.
- If you place a bet that is higher than the maximum table limit, a tooltip will appear reminding you of the maximum bet limit and you will not be able to place the bet.
- You can place many different kinds of bets on the Roulette table. Each type of bet covers a certain range of numbers, and each type has its own payoff rate. The short lines of three numbers are called rows on the board, while the longer lines of twelve numbers, are called columns.
- The first five types of bets are all made on the numbered space or on the lines between them and are called inside bets, while the last three types are made on the special boxes below and to the left of the board and are called outside bets. When you move your mouse over the betting table, the numbers that would be included if you bet on that spot turn opaque. The different types and payoffs for each bet type are summarized below:
Bet Type Explanation
- Straight Up - Place your chips directly on any single number (including zero).
- Split Bet - Place your chips on the line between any two numbers.
- Street Bet - Place your chips at the end of any row of numbers. A street bet covers three numbers.
- Corner Bet - Place your chips at the corner where four numbers meet. All four numbers are covered.
- Line Bet - Place your chips at the end of two rows on the intersection between them. A line bet covers all the numbers in both rows, for a total of six numbers.
- Column Bet - Placing a chip in one of the boxes marked "2 to 1" at the end of the columns covers all the numbers in that column, for a total of twelve numbers. (The zero is not covered by any of the columns).
- Dozen Bet - Placing a chip in one of the three boxes marked "1st 12," "2nd 12," or "3rd 12" covers those twelve numbers in the sequence of numbers 1 to 36.
- Red/Black, Even/Odd, 1 to 18/19 to 36 - A chip placed in one of these six boxes on the board covers the 18 numbers on the board as described in that box. (The zero is not covered by any of these boxes.) Each box covers eighteen numbers.
- Special Bets - These are a number of multiple bets that are traditional to the game. Each bet covers a different group of numbers. These bets are available through the special bets button. Payouts vary for these bets.
- Neighbour Bets - These are bets which can be placed according to the numbers as they appear on the roulette wheel, rather than the roulette table. These can be accessed by clicking on the special bet icon and are available on the corresponding text ladder or the relevant part of the wheel map.
Return to player: The optimal theoretic percentage return to the player is 97.30%.
Game Malfunction If there is a system error, players will be notified via Chat, or by an on-screen pop-up message, to highlight that the issue is being investigated. If the issue cannot be resolved, the game will be cancelled and all player bets will be returned. Error Handling Procedure If there is an error in the gambling system, then the game is paused, and a dealer notifies a Shift Manager or Pitboss. Pitboss checks the game, and corrects the error if possible, in which case the game continues and ends correctly. If it is not possible to correct the error, then the game is cancelled by Pitboss and initial bets are refunded to all players who participated in the game.
- From left to right:
- The BET LIMITS sign shows the minimum and maximum stakes permitted. Clicking on the sign will show a breakdown of these limits if applicable.
- The Recent results indicator shows the last 15 games results. Clicking on the STATISTICS button on the bottom of this display shows you the last 100 spins and the relevant results in a graphical way.
- The Game Information Indicator TRAFFIC LIGHTS will inform you of the game status, when you bet, how much you have won, etc. At the top of this display are three lights, Green, Amber(Yellow) and Red. These 'traffic lights' inform you when you can bet (GREEN LIGHT), when the betting time is nearly over (YELLOW LIGHT) and when the betting time has finished (RED LIGHT). You will find this indicator in all live games.
- By Clicking on a chip from the CHIP INDICATOR and then clicking on any of the betting spots during the GREEN or YELLOW betting time then that bet is made. Each time you click that spot the bet will be increased by that amount. When you are satisfied that you have reached the stake you wish to bet, you need not do anything else, the bets will automatically be sent when the RED betting indicator is lit (ie bets are closed). During the GREEN or YELLOW betting time, your bets can be removed by repeatedly clicking the UNDO> button. Once bets are closed (RED LIGHT) they cannot be cancelled.
- At the bottom of the screen there is the black control toolbar.
- The bottom of the screen:
- The UNDO button, when clicked will remove the last bet placed. This will only happen during GREEN or YELLOW betting time, Once bets are closed (RED LIGHT) you will not be able to cancel bets. By repeatedly clicking the undo button, it will remove bets one by one in the order they were placed.
- The CHIP DISPLAY is where you can select the value of each chip you wish to bet with. This display will only be illuminated and usable whilst betting time is in the GREEN or YELLOW state. Once bets are closed (RED LIGHT) then the chips are turned off and cannot be selected. Only chip values that are usable (ie available within your balance) are illuminated.
- The REPEAT button allows you to repeat the same bet(s) from the previous game. Once you have pressed repeat, the button will change to double, allowing you to double the bet from the previous game.
- The NEIGHBOUR & SPECIAL BETS button, when clicked, will show you Special Bets grid with details of Neighbour and Sector bets. Special Bets grid remains active until Special Bets button is clicked again or until the end of betting time.
- The CAMERA view button toggles between game views - CLASSIC view and 3D view. This is a matter of personal taste. This button can be clicked at any time to switch views and this will not affect stakes on the table. The VIEW can also be selected when entering the game as a choice is always presented where applicable.
- The BALANCE indicator will always be displayed on the bottom left of the games and LIVE LOBBY. Clicking on the balance indicator will then show any available bonus information.
- The TOTAL BET indicator will always be displayed on the bottom left of the games. This shows the current total of all bets made for the current game.
- The GAME NUMBER indicator will always be displayed on the bottom left of the games. This shows the unique identifier for any game – the current GAME NUMBER (GMT TIME; HH:MM:SS). If you have any queries and wish to contact customer service, you should always note down (or take a screenshot of) the GAME NUMBER.
- The LIVE GAMES MENU button can be selected at any time from any game. It allows you to easily change table or select any other live game. You will not be removed from this table until you have actually selected the new table you wish to join, so the LIVE GAMES MENU can be used to browse other games whilst still playing at this current table.
- The MUTE button will turn off all game sounds and voice from the game. Note if you change table then it will automatically un-mute.
- The Settings button launches a menu of user changeable settings such a video quality. Note these are for experienced users only.
- The CHAT button launches the chat box so you can send messages to the dealer and other players. Note in some of the Classic versions of the games the chat box is always displayed on screen so this feature is disabled.
- The HELP button on the bottom right of the screen will launch the help window.
- The HISTORY button on the bottom right of the screen will launch a window showing all the LIVE games you have played and the results of those games.
- The FULL SCREEN button on the bottom right of the screen will launch the FULL SCREEN MODE and the game and / or lobby will fill the entire screen. To exit this mode, either click the FULL SCREEN button again or press the "Esc" key on the computer keyboard. (Note: Typing into the CHAT system is disabled in full screen mode, clicking on the chat box will always exit full screen mode. However CHAT can be read whilst in full screen mode.
In AUTO-ROULETTE the interactive image of the roulette table is seamlessly integrated with a video stream of an actual roulette wheel, filmed live by a camera mounted above it. Auto-Roulette is designed to give the most natural and authentic gaming experience available online!
The Auto-Roulette wheel is fully automated and is powered by compressed air. Once every minute a new round begins and the roulette ball is launched by a variably powered jet of air providing completely random game results; the roulette ball has an equal chance of landing on any of the 37 numbers on the roulette wheel. The wheel is ordered non-sequentially from 0-36, with the numbers 1-36 coloured either black or red and the 0 coloured green. When the ball comes to rest the winning number is determined by laser positioning sensors that identify where the ball has landed.
The most popular of all casino card games. The aim of the game is to beat the dealer. You do this by making a hand that has a value of closer to 21 than the dealer's hand. You can also win if the dealer's hand goes over 21 (bust). Be careful though because if your hand goes above 21 you will lose automatically. This version of blackjack is played with 8 decks of cards, which you will see the dealer shuffle at regular intervals.
Once the game has loaded you need to choose your seat at the table. Seats are numbered from one to seven. Sit at the table by clicking on any available seat displaying the SIT HERE sign.
To place a bet, select your chip value from the BANK window and then click directly on the table to bet.
Important - In order for your bets to be accepted you need to click the Confirm button in the BANK window before the timer runs out, otherwise your bets will be removed. If a game is already in progress you will need to wait for it to complete before you can play. When the game begins all players will be dealt 2 cards face up, the dealer will also get 2 cards although one will be face down.
The cards all take their face value with the exception of any court or picture cards (Jacks, Queens and Kings) which all value 10, and Aces which value either 1 or 11 depending on which will give the player the best hand. If the first 2 cards dealt to you total 21 (an Ace and a 10) you have blackjack. Blackjack wins pay 3 to 2 on the player's original stake. Other wins pay at 1 to 1. Each player takes turns to act on his or her hand, starting from the player at the right. When it is your turn to act you will be presented with a number of options:
- Stand - You wish to take no further action on your hand.
- Hit - You wish to take another card to try to improve the value of your hand. This option can be used multiple times.
- Double - You wish to double the amount you have bet on your hand and receive one further card only.
- Split - This option is only available if your first 2 cards are of the same value. By choosing this option you will double your bet and receive two more cards. This effectively gives you 2 hands to play. Please note if you split Aces you are only dealt one more card to each hand and cannot hit for extra cards. 21 hit after splitting is not blackjack as the cards are not the first 2 dealt, and therefore only pays 1 to 1. You are not able to split hands more than once.
- Once all players have acted the dealer will turn over their face down card. If their hand is valued below 16 they must deal another card. They continue to take cards until their hand is valued at 17 or higher. When the dealer has a hand of between 17 and 21, he will pay all players with a hand closer to 21 than his own. If the player's hand is the same value as the dealer's, the hand is a push or a tie, and the player keeps his stake. If the dealers hand busts all remaining players will be paid.
- Insurance - If the dealers face up card is an ace all players are offered an insurance bet. This bet is half the player's stake. In the event that the dealer has blackjack this bet will pay at 2 to 1. If the dealer does not have blackjack the bet is lost and the hands play as normal.
If you wish to talk to the dealer or the supervisor you can open the chat window by clicking the button at the bottom of the screen. The window can be moved or re-sized if you wish.
In the game of Baccarat players bet on which of 2 hands, the player’s (Player) or the banker’s (Banker), will be closest in value to 9 or if the hands will be tied (Tie). The game is played with 8 decks of cards, which are shuffled regularly by the dealer.
- Ace = 1
- Face cards and tens = 0
All other cards carry the point value stated on the card. If the cards in a hand total more than ten points, simply subtract ten to obtain the baccarat point value of the hand.(Example: 8+8=16, but counts as 6. Jack+7=17, but counts as 7.)
A two-card total of nine is the best hand and is called a "Natural". The second-best hand is a "Natural" 8.
If both the player and banker are dealt identical hands, the game ends in a Tie.
To place a bet, select your chip value from the BANK window and then click directly on the Player, Tie or Banker areas on the table. Once the timer has run down the dealer will begin dealing the cards. If there is a game in progress you will need to wait until it has completed before placing a bet.
The dealer will deal 2 cards for the player’s hand and two for the banker’s hand. If the value of either hand is 8 or 9 (a natural) the hand is complete and no further cards are dealt. Otherwise cards are dealt by the third card rules below.
The Player’s hand - Depending on the point value of the first two cards, the following actions will take place (Third card rule):
Point value of first two cards
- Draws a third card
- No more cards
- Natural", no more cards
- The Banker’s hand - Depending on the point value of the Player’s first two cards, the following actions will take place (Third card rule):
- Point value of first two cards:
- Draw when the Player's third card is:
- Does not draw when the Player's third card is:
- Always draws a card
- Always stands
- Player cannot draw
- At the end of the game winnings are paid as follows:
- Winning hand
- Banker (receives 5% commission)
- 1 - 1
- 1 - 1
- 8 - 1
- Game Features
- Additional features of the baccarat game can be found at the bottom of the screen.
- Chat - Can be used to talk to the dealers or the supervisor if required.
- Statistics - Shows live the total amounts that are being bet by other players at the table.
- Limits - Shows the maximum and minimum bets for the table.
- Big Road - Shows the recent results and game history for the table.